It can be pretty rough
some most days trying to keep everything up in the air as we juggle being a: wife, mother, creative blogger, house cleaner, laundry folder, seamstress, decorating diva, appointment keeper, helpful friend, etsy entrepreneur, and all around strong and amazing woman. We all know by now that it’s just not possible to do everything, for everyone, all the time.
But that doesn’t stop us from trying!
Recently there seem to have been an awful lot of posts in my Bloglovin’ feed about what it’s REALLY like to be a blogger. (This one is my absolute favorite!) I’m not sure if the constant pressure has begun to get to us collectively or what, but it’s become a big deal recently to let our readers know that we aren’t one of “Those Bloggers”. You know, the perfect ones with the most AMAZING husband in the world, gorgeous kids, impeccable style, magazine worthy home decor, and a blog that’s practically raking in the dough.
I think it’s great that so many of us are decrying this illusion of perfection,
but I don’t want to tell you that I’m not one of those perfect bloggers.
I’d much rather tell you who I AM. My 2014 New Year’s resolution is to Be Myself.
(My 2013 resolution really helped get me to this point!)
I don’t share many photos of myself, so I’m sure most of you imagine me looking
like my picture over there on the sidebar, but it’s time to be honest…
This is what it really looks like around here…
- That wonderful Person who loves reading more than she loves sleep, hates washing dishes, is really shy until you get to know her, and is most happy when she is sporting techni-colored hair. (raspberry, red, or teal are my favorites if you’re wondering.)
- The Girl who traveled Europe just because others said she couldn’t, but still has no idea how to apply make-up “properly”.
- The Mom who wants to watch the next episode of My Little Ponies even more than her children, dreams of taking riding lessons with them, and frequently imagines designing a mute button so they will “Just stop talking for 5 minutes!”
- The Wife who drives her husband nuts by speaking in riddles, hoarding every. little. thing. because “Someone might need it one day”, and also trying to convince him that you can make almost anything better with a can of spray paint.
- The Blogger who has BIG plans, but never quite seems to have the attention span to see them through, can’t stand Facebook, and who disappears for weeks at a time.
- The Seamstress who owns more fabric than one person should, and constantly buys more because she can never decide which one would be perfect for each project.
- The Fashion Designer who never makes or buys herself any new clothes.
- The Crafter who is a regular jack of all trades but master of none, and probably has fewer finished projects than she has WIP’s.